Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Main Page: Miniature Log Cabins and Wooden House

I created this blog so that I had some way to showcase the handmade miniature log cabins and wooden houses I create, build and assemble.

I started building miniature log cabins and wooden houses as a hobby to fill up some spare time. I found myself so engrossed with each of my designs and projects I would say it turned into a full time passion. I am able to just look over a structure and come up with an idea of how to build it in miniature. To build my miniature log cabins and wooden houses, I use the traditional wooden dowels as well as the more intricate smaller wooden sticks as my base materials. I have found with the smaller sticks I have a greater flexibility in design which allows me to create more shapes and details than I was doing with the larger dowels. More than a few people have suggested that I really should seriously consider marketing them whether it be at craft shows, on consignment somewhere, in a store, maybe by wholesale, and of course online. My wife agreed. It seems she thought since I was building so many "projects" that it would be a great idea to start my own little business too. Was she suggesting that going into business would give a point and purpose to my activities ? When I asked, she just smiles.

These miniature log cabins and wooden houses are already completely assembled and ready to go. They look great as focal points on tables and mantles. They would be a wonderful addition to an existing log cabin collection. Some of my wooden house designs are so unique and charming they would fit into any type of decor. Each design is handmade with attention paid to details. They make special gifts for all occasions and holidays. Check out the posts to the right. Each post is on a miniature log cabin or wooden house designed, built and available for a special someone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment